Surrey Satellites Technology Ltd have been delivering small satellite missions for over 30 years – longer than anyone else in the world and have the experience to justify their reputation as the world’s premier provider of operational and commercial satellite programmes.
As part of a comprehensive tender process in November 2013, SSTL issued a Qualification and tender process and Vision submitted a fully compliant response for a fully Managed Printing Solution to SSTL. There was significant interest and response to the bid from some of the UK’s leading MPS providers.
SSTL tender requirements were:
• A fleet of multifunctional devices with Follow Me printing
• Print Management Software for secure print release and cost recovery
• Comprehensive cost management, allocation and reporting
• Remote Management and automated consumables fulfilment and proactive service monitoring
• Waste collection and recycling to minimise waste and meet their environment management requirements
• Continuous improvement and delivery of new technology and innovations
Vision was initially short listed and presented its proposal and solution along with final bidders. From final presentations and evaluations, Vision was subsequently selected and awarded SSTL MPS contract.
Vision’s winning theme was the overall solution and innovation of technology. Vision’s Proposal and Solution to SSTL included:
• Comprehensive implementation plan, dedicated Project Management utilising Prince 2 methodology
• Detailed Proof of Concept and model Office testing prior to implementation and deployment
• Vision installed a fleet of Canon Multi-Functional devices across 3 sites over a week’s deployment
• Implementation of Uniflow Print Management software for secure release via Access Cards
• Implementation of Vision’s Remote Fleet Management (VRFM) for proactive service delivery, alerts and automated consumables management
• Dedicated on-site Technical resources
• Dedicated Consumables on-site despatch, resources
• Comprehensive Reporting and Management Information based on Service Levels, SLA’s
• Bespoke billing, invoice processing and volumetric reporting
• Waste management and collection for recycling of all consumables
• Dedicated Account Management via Vision’s Major Account Team
The efficient and professional implementation of Vision’s managed print solution has delivered an increase in quality and productivity and has certainly resulted in cost savings for SSTL.
Andrea Doe, Service Team Leader at Surrey Satellites Technology Ltd. commented:
“Vision provided a fully managed Print solution that meets all our requirements. Not only do we have happy staff it has helped improve our efficiencies and save money. I’m looking forward to our printing future with Vision.”